NoodleTools Citation Generator
Students should log in on the right hand side of the page using the Google button, sign in with their student Google account information, and follow the prompts to create a new or update an existing account.
These websites provide additional supports for student writing in MLA style, the adopted style for Ankeny Schools.
Ankeny Kirkendall Public Library Resources
Search Tips: How can I find better sources
Try these search strategies in the Gale Power Search:
Strong search terms (no wimpy words)
- Subject searching (3 min.)
- AND/OR/NOT (Boolean operators) (3.5 min.)
- Use Wildcards (3 min.)
- Use Quotation marks (2 min.)
- Use Gale’s “Topic Finder” (2 min.)
- Prefer written instructions? Read Gale’s exhaustive tips.
Try other databases
- Watch this video for the SIRS database to news sources.
- Don’t forget MackinVIA–we have many ebooks useful for research.
- Search scholar.google.com for more academic studies.
Search hints for the web
- Make sure you evaluate ALL websites when you’re searching through a search engine like Google. Consider Easybib’s helpful pointers:
Try a Google New search–and use the limiters on the left margin to help you narrow your date range.
Narrow or broaden your search with “leap-frog” searching (4 min.)