Jaguar Sports Registration
Ankeny Jaguar Families,
As we enter the month of August, it is time to begin the process of gearing up for a new school year and another year of exciting sports seasons.
One of the more stressful things every fall for student-athletes, parents, coaches, and the activities office is the process of obtaining permission to practice. We are excited to offer an online process to register for Ankeny Centennial Activities that we hope will make this experience more convenient for all involved.
If your student will participate in a 2020.21 sport, we ask you to complete this online registration by Tuesday, August 4th This will give our office time to process all registrations, share information with coaches, and clear permission to practice prior to the start of practice for 9th graders on Monday, August 10th and for 8th graders Monday, August 24th.
Even if your student-athlete will participate in a winter, spring, or summer sport, we are asking all families and students complete this process at this time. This will allow us to supply coaches with potential rosters all year long which will allow for better communication and tracking of student eligibility data. However, if your student decides to participate in a sport, registration can be processed at any time during the year.
Below you will find the link to this website as well as some general instructions to help you in the process. You must complete this process for your student to be given permission to practice.
Ankeny Centennial & Northview Activities Registration site: https://ankenycentennial-ar.rschooltoday.com
Need help? Check the video tutorials below:
I am new to the system and need to register my student but haven’t done this before – Watch video
I have already registered my student but need to add another sport and/or 2020-21 school year – Watch video
I have an account and want to register another student – Watch video
I have an account but forgot my username and/or password – Watch video
Some general instructions to get you started:
- From the Homepage, click on the “ATHLETIC TEAM REGISTRATION’ icon (we may make use of the other options as we get used to the potential of the site).
- Select “NEW USERS – CREATE AN ACCOUNT”
- You are now in the activity registration section. Please submit all required and any optional information you wish to supply. Information you will be asked for includes:
- Student demographic information
- Activities the student intends to participate in (please include all at this time)
- Student Physical Info:
- If you are submitting a new physical form, please scan or take a photo of the SIGNED and COMPLETED ACSD physical form and upload this to the website. You must also enter the date this physical exam was completed. This will help us track physical expiration dates and alert you when it is time to get a new physical.
- If you are NOT submitting a new physical form at this time (current physical has not expired), please check the boxes stating the physical will expire later in the year and you will submit a new one at that time. You will log back into this system and upload your physical and date at this later date.
- If you cannot upload the physical form it must be sent or dropped off at the high school.
- Parent demographic information
- Review the ACSD Board Policy on co-curricular participation, eligibility, and good conduct policies. Both the student and the parent/guardian must electronically sign and date the form, acknowledging that they have read and reviewed this policy.
- Review the HEADS UP: Concussion in HS Sports information as required annually by the Iowa Department of Education, the IHSAA, and the IGHSAU. Both the student and the parent/guardian must electronically sign and date the form, acknowledging that they have read and reviewed this document.
- MEDICAL CONSENT –You will be prompted to provide medical information that would be available to Ankeny Centennial & Northview coaches, trainers, nurses, and administration in case of an emergency situation.
- Complete the final consent signature at the bottom of the form and submit.
- If there are any errors in required fields, you will be alerted to correct these items in red.
- Once the form is complete, you will be asked to set up a user name and password for your family. Please keep this information as you will use it to re-enter this portal for future updates and registrations.
- If you have more than one student, you can begin a new form for each student under the same account.
Once this is complete, your student-athlete will be registered for participation. This data will sync with our existing databases and we will generate our permission to practice lists. These will be shared with our coaches daily until they are all complete.
We hope this will create a smoother, less stressful process for all of our families and coaches.
Scott M. Garvis – ACHS Activities Director
Holly W. Anderson – Northview Activities Director